A Chatbot created in Floatbot can be embedded on any web page by following below steps
Below Steps shows an overview for developers integrating with Floatbot.ai SDK for the first time. It guides you through the process of setting up and sending and receiving instant messages.
To register your app for broadcast messages. Set push notification token in floatbot for receiving messages over GCM or FCM (Optional)
Initially Server Key is to be set In Dashboard
If you are using FCM in your project, call this method as very first line in your FirebaseMessagingService.onMessageReceived function
Note : MainActivity.class - > this activity will be called when notification will be clicked
Similarly if you are using GCM in your project,call this method in your function
GcmListenerService on MessageRecived function
Note : MainActivity.class - > this activity will be called when notification will be clicked.
To Set Mobile number in Floatbot to identify a particular user (Optional)
To Enable iBeacon Support inside your Floatbot. Send your iBeacon information to Floatbot Sdk through below function
To start using Floatbot in android app, write below line anywhere in your activity/fragment
You will find Bot ID and Token in the chatbot settings of your Bot.
Note: SDK supports iOS 8.0 and later
For Manual Integration
1. Download the latest floatbot.framework which is provided as a zip-File.
2. Open your Xcode project or workspace.
3. Go to the Build Phases for the your app target.
4. Add the frameworks to the Link Binaries With Libraries list.
5. Go to the Build Phases for the your app target.
6. Add a New Copy Files Phase by selecting the Add icon. Set the Destination field to Frameworks, and add the framework to the list. Ensure Code Sign on Copy is checked.
7. Add flbAssets.bundle to copy bundle resources of your project
For Cocoa Pods Integration
Step 1: Create a Podfile in your project's root directory, if it doesn't exist yet.
Step 2: Add the floatbot pod in Podfile under your desired target:
Step 3: Run pod repo update && pod install in terminal.
Step 4: Open your project using the generated *.xcworkspace file.
Note: SDK supports iOS 8.0 and later.
BOT_ID and KEY
To configure floatbot iOS SDK in your app, you will need BOT_ID and KEY from the Settings page.
Follow below steps to integrate floatbot SDK to your iOS app
Step 1: Import “floatbot.h” in AppDelegate.m
Step 2: Initialize and configure floatbot for your app.
#define SYSTEM_VERSION_GREATER_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO(v) ([[[UIDevice currentDevice] systemVersion] compare:v options:NSNumericSearch] != NSOrderedAscending)
In -[AppDelegate application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:] method,
The above method will set the name of your bot in the app, which will be displayed on the top of chat screen.
SET MOBILE NUMBER WITH COUNTRYCODE (OPTIONAL)
Optionally, you can set the mobile number of the user to identify the user. Note: PHONE_NO passed to above method should be the number prefixed with the country code and without “+”.Eg. 9110000001
Step 3:Handle Push notification
To enable floatbot to send push notifications to the application, add this implementation of - application:didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken: in your AppDelegate file that captures the device token and sends it to floatbot server
Add below snippet in [AppDelegate application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:] method
Step 4: Uploading your App’s SSL Push Certificate
To generate APNS certificate refer this :
1. Go to the Mac OS finder application, and search for “Keychain Access”. Open it.
2. Find your App’s push certificate in the Certificates section. It will start with the string “"Apple Development iOS Push Services" (“Apple Production iOS push services” in case of production certificate)
3. Expand the row, and you will find the private key.
4. Select both the private key and certificate and export it as .p12 file and necessarily set a password.
5. Upload the saved .p12 file in the field below selecting development environment or production environment depending on whether you are using it for dev or production push services.
Upload your development / production certificate in Settings page
It allows you to
1 . Generate dynamic content
2 . Get and set user attributes
3 . Redirect users to another block in the bot
4 . Create postbacks
If you select POST user attributes get send in the body of the request. GET adds parameters as a query string.The max. timeout is 10 seconds in both cases.
In your responses, you can
Use this response to send text messages.
Sending Text with Button
Use this response to send text with button.
Sending Text with Quick Reply
Use this response to send text with Quick Reply.
Start on our free plan and scale up as you grow.